Are you going through a divorce or separation and need to decide on where your child will live? The Dallas child custody attorneys from Jim Ross Law are prepared to fight for your rights. We do what’s in the best interest of the child and work hard to come to an agreement during negotiations. You have more flexibility this way and can save yourself time and money.
Of course, if you need to go to court, our child custody attorneys in Dallas TX are prepared to fight. We are effective litigators who take an aggressive, client-focused approach. We know how to reach solutions instead of dragging out cases.
To have our Dallas child custody attorneys look over your case, contact Jim Ross Law.
How Does Child Custody Work in Texas?
Child custody cases can be exhausting, but our child custody attorneys in Dallas TX are here to make things as easy as possible for you. We’ve handled some of the most complex cases and we’re happy to say that we have a proven track record and countless satisfied clients!
Over the years, we’ve learned a lot. Here are some of the most important things to know about child custody in Texas.
- There are different types of custody:
- Sole custody is where the child lives with one parent and this parent gets to make all the decisions.
- Joint legal custody happens when the child lives mostly with one parent but the other parent has visitation and both parents get to make decisions.
- Shared custody is where the child spends at least 35 percent of the year with each parent and lives in two residences. Both parents make decisions.
- The courts prefer that you reach an agreement during mediations. This involves less pain for the family and lower costs. But, there are times when litigation becomes necessary.
- Child custody is not an all-or-nothing arrangement. The courts prefer that both parents are actively involved in their child’s life.
Contact Our Child Custody Attorneys in Dallas TX Today
Jim Ross Law has decades of combined experience in family law. We were established by a former Marine, Texas police officer and DEA task force officer. This experience has led us to be effective negotiators and litigators, prepared to fight for the best interests of our clients.
Schedule your initial consultation with our Dallas child custody attorneys today.