Going through a divorce or separation is emotionally and physically taxing, especially when it comes to child support. Whether you’re the custodial or non-custodial parent, you need the best Fort Worth child support attorneys by your side. Jim Ross Law is prepared to fight for your rights and ensure your child is provided for while keeping payments fair.
Our child support attorneys in Fort Worth TX will be happy to look over your case and identify your options. We take all sources of income into consideration and make sure that everything is included in the child support plan such as college expenses, extracurricular activities and health insurance. Contact us today for a consult!
What You Should Know About Child Support Laws in Texas
Child support in Texas is fairly straightforward, though each case is unique. In most cases, it’s the non-custodial parent who makes the child support payments. The payment is based on a percentage of this parent’s income. While parents are free to pay more than this amount, they can’t pay less unless the court approves it.
Here is the fee schedule that Texas follows:
- One child: 20% of net income
- Two children: 25% of net income
- Three children: 30% of net income
- Four children: 35% of net income
Even once a child support order is in place, it can still be modified. Usually this happens when there is a material or substantial change in circumstances, such as a job loss, shift in custody or international relocation.
You Deserve the Best. Count on Our Fort Worth Child Support Attorneys to Get the Job Done.
Jim Ross Law has helped countless families agree on child support and move forward with their new lives. Our goal is to make sure your child is financially provided for without any one person having to pay more than their fair share.
Reasons to choose our child support attorneys in Fort Worth TX are:
- Competitive rates. Count on us for honest, upfront pricing and flexible payment plans. We also offer initial consultations.
- Experienced attorneys. Our law firm has decades of combined experience in family law. We are effective negotiators and aggressive litigators who aren’t afraid to fight.
- Focused on solutions. Divorce cases can be messy, but our child support attorneys in Fort Worth TX will not complicate things. We are focused on the end solution.
To schedule a consultation at your convenience, contact the Fort Worth child support attorneys from Jim Ross Law today.