If you were bitten by a dog in the state of Texas, it’s important to connect with a legal professional right away. Jim Ross Law has a team of experienced Irving dog bite injury attorneys who will help you understand the laws in our state.
Most Texas dog bite claims require the injured person to show proof of negligence, which is not always easy. You need the right team of lawyers to represent your case! To schedule a free consultation with one of our dog bite injury attorneys in Irving TX, contact Jim Ross Law today.
Texas and the “One Bite Rule”
Texas follows the “one bite rule.” Under this rule, a dog owner can be held liable for any harm done to another person. However, there are certain circumstances you have to meet in order to recover compensation. This includes:
- Proving the dog’s owner was aware the dog had bitten someone in the past or acted aggressively in the past
- Proving the dog’s owner was negligent in controlling the dog and preventing the bite
- Proving the dog owner’s negligence directly caused your injuries
If your case meets the above criteria, it’s possible that you can recover damages for your injuries. Be sure to arm yourself with the right team of Irving dog bite injury attorneys to prove negligence on behalf of the dog owner.
Why Choose Our Dog Bite Injury Attorneys in Irving TX
Jim Ross Law is an experienced law firm with a proven track record. All of our cases are handled by our attorneys and not paralegals. This ensures our clients get the highest quality service possible. We also create a clear plan of action for all clients based on the unique circumstances of their cases.
Reasons to choose our Irving dog bite injury attorneys are:
- No upfront costs for personal injury cases
- Free consultations over the phone or in person
- Aggressive, client-focused lawyers who aren’t afraid to fight for your rights
- Strong community ties – we care about our clients
- Convenient locations across DFW area
To schedule your free consultation, contact our Irving dog bite injury attorneys today. Many of these cases can be settled through negotiations. But if you do need to go to court, we will have your back!