Jim Ross is the founder and principal attorney of Jim Ross Law Group, P.C. As a former Marine, police officer and DEA task force officer, Jim is accustomed to dealing with adverse situations. As an accomplished trial lawyer, Jim’s dedication and hard work is matched only by the passion he exhibits for his clients every day. In arbitration, settlement negotiations, and in court, Jim shows up ready to play ball. Jim knows that actions speak louder than words, even when it comes to law.
More than a passionate lawyer and advocate for his clients, Jim is a family man with four kids and he brings his experience as a measured and caring father to his family law and juvenile defender cases.
Jim received his Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice from Dallas Baptist University and his Juris Doctor degree from Texas Wesleyan University School of Law. As an active member of the community, Jim serves on the Board of Directors for the Greater Arlington Chamber of Commerce and the Arlington Police Foundation. Jim also serves on the Board of Directors for Emergisoft, an Arlington, Texas based company providing emergency department systems to hospitals across the country.
Jim is admitted to practice law in Texas and the U.S. District Courts in the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas. He is also a member of the American Bar Association, Texas Bar Association, American Association for Justice, Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Tarrant County Bar Association, the Arlington Texas Bar Association, Tarrant County Family Law Association and the Tarrant County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association. Also as veteran, Jim is a member of the American Legion.
- Texas, 1999
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 2001
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 2001
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas, 2001
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas, 2001
- Texas Wesleyan University School of Law, Dallas, Texas
- J.D. – 1998
- Dallas Baptist University
- B.A. – 1995
- Major: Criminal Justice
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Greater Arlington Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors
- Arlington Police Foundation, Board of Directors
- American Bar Association, Member
- Texas Bar Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Tarrant County Bar Association, Member
- Arlington Texas Bar Association, Member
- Tarrant County Family Law Association, Member
- Tarrant County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Member
- American Legion, Member