Dog bites pose a serious risk to our communities. Each year, more than 4.5 million people are bitten by dogs. If this has happened to you, it’s important that you speak with our team of Plano dog bite injury attorneys. You are not alone!
People are often surprised to see the damage dog bites can do. As experienced dog bite injury attorneys in Plano TX, we’ve seen some of the worst case scenarios. Thankfully, we have recovered millions of dollars in settlements for clients and their families. We can help you do the same.
Contact the attorneys at Jim Ross Law for a free consultation.
Understanding Dog Bite Laws in Texas
Unlike many other states, Texas does not have a civil statute for dog bites. Instead, it follows the “one bite rule.” This rule essentially means that after a dog has bitten someone, their owner should be aware of the dog’s tendency to bite.
If you are bitten by a dog, you must show negligence to recover compensation. This means that you must proven that:
- The dog’s owner knew of the dog’s tendency to be aggressive
- The dog’s owner negligently failed to use reasonable care to control the dog or prevent the bite
- You were bitten as a result of the dog owner’s negligence
Top Plano Dog Bite Injury Attorneys
If you were bitten by a dog, it’s important that you are aligned with experienced dog bite injury attorneys in Plano TX. Dog bite laws in Texas can be confusing, and the defendant might claim lack of knowledge of the dog’s dangerous tendencies or claim that you were trespassing.
Fortunately, you can fight your case with the right team of personal injury lawyers. Here are some reasons to choose us for your dog bite case:
- All cases handled by our attorneys – not paralegals
- No upfront costs for dog bite cases – no matter what the outcome, you don’t pay us a dime!
- Experienced dog bite injury attorneys in Plano TX with a proven track record
- Competitively priced; free consultations
- Strong community ties – we care about the people we serve!
To schedule your free consultation with our Plano dog bite injury attorneys, contact Jim Ross Law today. Together, we will get you the fair compensation you deserve!